Taiteilija

Bieżące newsy

Tlumaczenie ostatniego artykulu na angielski:

LocationFinland

I was asked to translate the article about Kai Hahto in the Finnish regional daily Pohjalainen, so here it comes:

(Heading)

”Writing sheet music hectically”

(Intro)

Kai Hahto, drummer from Vaasa, will substitute for the worldwide famous Nightwish’s drummer for 1.5 years

(Main text)

Tuomo Luukkanen

Vaasa/Kitee. Kai Hahto, drummer hailing from Vaasa, stepped out of a train from Kitee around 5 pm last Monday.

Now the plan for him is to substitute for the drummer of Nightwish, the metal band enjoying worldwide fame.

He has been furiously writing down sheet music until Wednesday night.

His task is to learn by heart Nightwish’s upcoming album and play the drum parts for it in a studio located in Kitee woods.

Hahto will be substituting for the next year and a half Nightwish’s original drummer and his friend Jukka Nevalainen.

No drama was involved in the change of line-up.

Nevalainen is stepping aside due to insomnia problems that have been going on for a long time.

Hahto’s job is not exactly an easy one. At the time of the interview, he had managed to write most of the drum parts.

“It would be easier if Nightwish played simple three-cord rock, but the songs are all in all very demanding.”

The last track of the upcoming album is nearly half an hour long. Hahto is thanking his creator for having at some point learned to write sheet music for drums.

“Tuomas has after all quite a precise vision of what the album should sound like,” he says, referring to the band’s guitarist (sic) Tuomas Holopainen.

Hahto already knew the band members.

Having worked as a drum technician for Nevalainen, Hahto was aware that if Nevalainen for some reason or another would have to excuse himself, it would be him that steps up.

“After all, no one is being replaced here. I’m just substituting for him.”

According to Hahto, the band has welcomed him with open arms.

There are no pressures even though the London symphony orchestra is booked to play the background score for the album in the autumn.

Nightwish’s tour slated to start next year will take the drummer from Vaasa across the globe.

“You never imagine doing something like this. Luckily my wife told me to go because jobs like this only come once in a lifetime,” says Hahto.

His wife and children will be staying home in Vaasa.

However, the tour schedule has been arranged so that Hahto and other band members with families are able to see their kids often.

(Sidebar)

Nightwish line-up changes

The band was founded in Kitee in 1996. Jukka Nevalainen joined the band a year later, after which the band changed its style from acoustic to an electrically amplified sound.

Permanent line-up changes have also taken place along the band’s career. In 2006 Anette Olzon was hired as the vocalist due to a falling out between Tarja Turunen and Tuomas Holopainen. Since last autumn the vocalist is Floor Jansen from Holland.

(Caption)

Kai Hahto has worked as Nightwish’s drum technician and knew that in an emergency he would be the first choice to substitute for Jukka Nevalainen

A ja to tłumaczę z fińskiego... ;-; No dobra, dzięki za ułatwienie. ;)

Czy kontrabas byl juz na ktoryms dotychczasowym albumie Nw?? ;)

Jeśli mieli orkiestrę symfoniczną, to musiał być :) Ale tu chyba chodzi o jakąś większą partię na kontrabas.

I jak on brzmi? Ciekawie?? ;P

Przekonajmy się:

[video=youtube]

Wnioskując po opisie utworu to może być coś w klimacie Arabesque lub Dreamtime. Egzotyczna perkusja, mroczna atmosfera, wolniejsze tempo...

Ej! Nie róbcie smaku! Ja tu siedzę jak na przysłowiowych szpilkach, a Wy tutaj o kontrabasie :D A do płyty tak dużo czasu zostało :(

Udostępnili wykonanie "Planet Hell" na żywo z udziałem Floor. :)

• Like 2

Udostępnili wykonanie "Planet Hell" na żywo z udziałem Floor. :)

Bardzo sympatyczny film :) Wiele śmiesznych momentów :P a jakby się wyłączyć to i nawet Floor nie taka zła, tylko bardzo wypiszczany refren.

• Like 1

Mam nadzieję, że gdzieś jesień-zima będzie wystawiona lista trasy koncertowej

Ogólnie podoba mi się ten filmik z wykonania "Planet Hell" XD

Bardzo sympatyczny film :) Wiele śmiesznych momentów :P a jakby się wyłączyć to i nawet Floor nie taka zła, tylko bardzo wypiszczany refren.

Tylko trochę. Ogólnie jestem dość pozytywnie zaskoczona, szczególnie, że to był jej pierwszy występ z NW. Strasznie mi się podobało jak pociągnęła kawałek pierwszej zwrotki takim genialnym Tarjowym stylem. Mogłaby tak śpiewać cały czas.

I ogólnie nie ma porównania, jeśli chodzi o pierwsze występy live Nette i Floor. Tyle powiem. :)

• Like 1

Kai niedawno opublikowal na swoim fb tenze post https://www.facebook.com/kai.hahto.96?hc_location=timeline : 3 day Nightwish rehearsals over.We got 10 songs pre recorded as demos. Tomorrow a gig with Max on the Rock in Hietsku Rock. Then 2 days off and rehearsals in Helsinki with Wintersun for Summer breeze which is next Saturday. From there i go back to record the new Nightwish album nr 8.

Cheers and thanks once more for the positive messages which means a lot to me.

Ja sie pytam jak to tylko 10 piosenek?? Tuomas wspominal o 12.... Biednie :O

• Like 2

Aj tam, nie ilość się liczy, a jakość. :P Poza tym, może zamiast dwunastu piosenek dostaniemy dziewięć długości "normalnej" i jednego dwudziestominutowego kolosa, hm? ^^

• Like 2

Nie wiem.. Pewnie te 2 numery będą bonusami bo jakiś czas temu byla mowa,ze wiedza które dwa numery będą bonusami..

Ja sie pytam jak to tylko 10 piosenek?? Tuomas wspominal o 12.... Biednie :O

Biednie? Wśród tej dziesiątki znajdować się będzie prawie 30 minutowy utwór. Dla porównania ostatni album Sabatonu "Heroes" ma jakieś 30 minuty długości... :)

Z drugiej strony myślę, że może w 10 piosenkach będą występowały instrumenty rockowe (gitary, perkusja itp) a pozostałe mogą być instrumentalne/orkiestralne... czas pokaże.

• Like 2

Dla mnie 10 jest wystarczające, pewnie 2 kawałki będą w bonusie w płycie LE.

Nie narzekajmy już, dla mnie by 5 utworów wystarczałoby mi, bo i tak w kółko słuchałabym ich. Naprawdę, byle do 2015 :)

E, tam, że tylko 10 piosenek! Przecież na tej płycie ma być piosenka, trwająca niemal pół godziny! To jak ze trzy długaśne piosenki w jednym... oczywiście, o ile Tuomas nie podzieli tejże na dwie, czy trzy, jak to było na IM (SOM zostało przecież podzielone na SOM i IM).

• Like 1

A tutaj parę tweetów Pipa Williamsa na temat nowej płyty Nw:

"Well, I HAVE nearly finished the 1st Nightwish score!! A great rocking track that will make you shudder ;-)"

"1st score for Nightwish 8 finished! Just a couple of small tweaks for Tuomas before wrapping it up! Already started score 2. Brutally heavy!"

"Some really interesting choir stuff for this 2nd score. Tuomas's writing genius goes from strength to strength!"

"2nd score finished! Ready to send off to the maestro for approval. I've had a blast with this one and its epic, Mahler-like chorus!"

"Making a start on score 3 tomorrow. This one will be dark and mysterious, with a really memorable film-worthy main melody!"

"3rd Nightwish score is in stark contrast to the first two songs. Very slow and dark, with an amazingly infectious main melody"

"Troy will put his stamp on this one too- well he does on everything he touches, but this song is tailor made for his unique talents!"

https://twitter.com/piptheprod

• Like 5

Z tego co Pip Williams napisał (i z tegoco ja myślę) płyta będzie chyba bardzo mroczna. Brrr. Już ją lubię ;)